Skip to main content

Reality in real

Would we behave differently on reality TV?

If you are on TV, will you share the real you? Or will you portray someone that you wish to be.

(Which I believe is what we always try and do in everyday life.)

Would you want to see real people do real stuff on TV (classified as boring) or do you want them to do something interesting or exciting on TV.

Reality TV needs to be defined as people play acting real roles. And we are genetically peek-a-boo inclined. We are a very curious species. (one excuse given for a century of inventions and discoveries). But what we get is a show which is marketed as real. It is not really real.

The audience expectations need to change. It is just another show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It just happens

You are reading this article. That is coincidence. No. This one is not crappy… There is this small theory about life that I have assimilated after a lot of introspection over the past, maybe 5-6 years. I do not know whether I can lay claim to this because I have sometimes seen similarities in what others feel about life. So here goes, I call it the THEORY OF CO-INCIDENCE . To start with, let me present some situations for you… Think of the person who you met last. Or better, one who you spoke to last… Just think back and try to gather when you met him / her for the first time. (to be effective don’t think of your parents or siblings…at least not yet) Could you think back a few minutes before that, and then start constructing a ‘what-if’ situation if in case you haven’t met him/her. If you are going around with someone, can you think of a situation wherein you haven’t met him/her? Can you think of a situation where you missed the train that you actually got into? Ima...

The Indian 'notion'

 I have realised that the concept of India thrives best in our minds and not in reality. India survives in each of our conscience as a concept loosely strung together by our virtues or by the lack of it. And it is not uniform. As an identity, it can be best described as an unfinished dream trying to complete its play before reality ends its climax. I might be chastised for blasphemy and sedition, but I don’t think that the real concept of India is going to play out very soon. And my interpretation is as follows: The constitution was framed in the midst of a reality defying orgasm called freedom. The drafters of the "World's longest constitution" were learned-no doubt, but were obviously feeling high and self righteous about framing policies that sought in all good faith-to reshape the mindset of a faction rid nation into believing in the power of 'one' India. In drafting this, they gave absolute freedom to everybody to follow everything they wanted- faith, re...

Who is your leader?

Proud of the fact that I managed to stay away from the political discussions on social media so far. Though I have to concede that it was difficult.  I've never been a blind supporter or hater of any political campaigns. Call me old fashioned but I still believe that political practitioners need to be social servants first and elections are a way to empower them to do their bit for the society/ nation. Needless to say, I've lost this battle of beliefs long time back. More dismaying is the fact that politics and religion are now irreversibly entwined. I have seen WhatsApp discussions in my school group turning to "now we know the Hindus will only vote for BJP".  Today my wife had another conversation with a neighbour which started off with "you must be very happy that BJP has won, right?" What troubles me is that my neighbours and friends have now started seeing me as 'them'. While I could see many anti-BJP Hindus, I'm not sure...